Kristina Halvorson talked about the communication among the team and how to take initiative when others don't necessarily inviting for UX.
- A PRINCIPLE internally motivates us to do things that seem good and right. It makes us feel empower as a team to do things. No matter how far you dig into a website, you see this principles (Good example: GOV.UK)
- start with principle will not only provide context but also provide identity
- this content is not for us: is this what our users need?
- responsive does not equal reactive
- the story informs the format: start with objective, figure out what objective is
- Strategy that allows you to do anything is the worst strategy
- good strategy helps you prioritize
- keep ourselves accountable to our team
- Do not make process your god
- maintain that conversation
- keep improving and updating your process
- don’t just look at the the next step, but look at what can you do as a team
- ARTIFACTS ARE TOOLS, NOT OUTCOMES, they are here to inform activity
RACI Model: Responsible, accountable, consulted, informed
R – Who is responsible for completing a task?
A – Who is accountable for the work’s success?
C – Who must be consulted before work can be signed-oﬀ on?
I – Who must be kept informed along the way?
- All people
- Make sure everyone is aligned on terminology (we thought you meant….)
- Identify timing issues, overlapping responsibilities.
- don’t worry about being stupid and ask “can you tell me a little bit more””tell me where you’re coming from"
- they don’t sit down and talk, or use a different language
- “ask” all the time
- OUR WORK IS TOGETHER